In an age where English is emerging as the common, global language for science, society and cultural exchange, English language skills are essential for participation in cultural and scientific debates.
Our excellent lecturers have long educational and work experience from the UK and USA, and can offer students a programme with an internationally high standard, in both the linguistic and cultural components.
A Bachelor of English opens the doors to careers and further education for diverse range of occupations, both in Norway and abroad.
The English programme at Nord University provides knowledge and skills that are in demand in the public and private sectors, and in a range of occupations. It can be combined with further studies to qualify students for pedagogical positions. Other relevant career paths include the cultural sector, media, management and tourism.
- English Language and Linguistics
- British Studies for Bachelor of English
- American Studies for Bachelor of English
- Research and Writing
- Language Science and Language Art
- American Fiction since 1945
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Valid passport.
- Officially issued transcripts and diplomas from both secondary and higher education, must be uploaded to the online application portal when you apply.
- Documentation regarding English requirement.
- You must upload an official translation of documentation not provided in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian. Only translations carried out by a government-authorized or otherwise accredited translator will be considered. You must also include a copy of the original document.
- Documentation of name change (if applicable).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Bodø
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.