The Extended Diploma in Art and Design course at the Leeds Arts University has been designed to provide the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to help you to discover your talents and strengths in a wide range of visual disciplines, allowing you to specialise in one of four specialist pathways: Fashion & Textiles, Fine Art, Graphic Communication, and 3D Design.
There are different disciplines within each pathway:
- Fashion & Textiles, you could focus on fashion design, costume design, fashion styling promotion, textile design, design craft or surface-pattern design.
- Fine Art can include painting, printmaking, sculpture, installation, photography and film.
- Graphic Communication can be graphic design, typography, concept art, illustration, animation, advertising, editorial design, photography and film.
- 3D Design includes product design, spatial design, interior design, architecture, design craft and theatre design.
You will also develop important employability and communication skills, and be guided as to the career opportunities within the creative industries. Upon successful completion of all units at the end of the course a final grade will be awarded which is the equivalent of three A Levels.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
You’ll be introduced to the principles of art and design theory and practice, plus practical skills. You’ll explore and experiment as we help you choose a specialism in fashion, graphic design, textiles/surface pattern design, 3D design, or fine art, and you’ll finish the year with a major project in this area.
You’ll be stretched and challenged as you deepen your knowledge and experience of the discipline you’re working in. You’ll prepare for degree-level study by becoming increasingly independent, and you’ll develop your portfolio for higher-education applications and interviews. You’ll work through a range of briefs, including real-life projects with external organisations, plus a final major project and your contribution to the End of Year Show.
Students have normally completed their GCSEs or an equivalent qualification and are interested in a career in art and design. Our ideal students are open minded, passionate about art and design, self-motivated, and keen to experience a diverse range of materials, techniques and processes.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Interior Design View 171 other programmes in Interior Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- We look for at least four GCSEs at grade 4/grade C or above, which must include both English and Maths.
- You will be required to send three examples of your work which shows your interest and ability in art, design and/or technology.
International11700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11700 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5421 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5421 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.