About The Programme
We’ve developed exceptional links with leading international agencies such as BBH, Beattie McGuinness Bungay, The Gate, JWT, M&C Saatchi, McCann Erickson, Mother, Ogilvy & Mather, CreativeRace, Uniform, TBWA, and Brass, which will maximise your exposure to industry practice.
Creativity sits at the core of our proposition and feeds a common desire for originality and innovative thinking. Our ‘Actively Creative’ philosophy requires you to take on first hand intellectual and creative challenges which are developed both in-house and through our industry contacts.
The Creative Advertising (Hons) course at Leeds Arts University has a strong academic, theoretical background, which will underpin your creative practice. Our tutors have considerable industry experience spanning art direction, copywriting and branding, and they continue to excel in practice-based research and writing. You will learn how to deconstruct and critique some of the world’s best advertising, using what you discover to inform and develop your own work.
You’ll have the opportunity to enter prestigious international competitions like D&AD New Blood Awards, Young Ones Competition and AdVenture. Top agencies have offered coaching, mentoring, work critiques, live briefs, workshops, competition briefs and work experience possibilities. Our students regularly win work experience opportunities with big agencies.
Graduates usually find employment within agencies, working as art directors, copywriters, creative directors, brand planners and account handlers. Some prefer to start their own businesses or work as freelancers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Year One — Exposure, Exploration & Creativity. You’ll research creative-thinking models and learn how to think by questioning, and then question your thinking. You’ll also be exposed to studio practice and the roles of art director and copywriter, in addition to the legacy and historical context of the discipline.
- Year Two — Creative Strategy, Pragmatism & Realisation. You’ll further develop your copywriting and art direction skills, whilst working within a creative team. As you develop your own skills and strategies, you’ll explore a range of academic theories and start to consider how they impact on creative practice.
- Year Three — Professionalism, Creativity Development & Reflection. You’ll enhance your strategic thinking by operating as managers, not just doers. You will develop a series of creative outcomes to contextualise your practice, furthermore you will learn how to present your work in a professional manner.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing View 420 other Masters in Marketing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A portfolio of relevant practical work, demonstrating your ability and enthusiasm for the course you’re applying for.
- You’ll need to have passed GCSE English Language or English Literature at grade C/grade 4 or above. For mature students, an Access to Higher Education qualification in art and design will also be acceptable to demonstrate English language ability.
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Seven £2000 scholarships are available as a tuition fee discount for your first year of study. You can apply for the scholarship after receiving an offer to study here. Successful recipients will be informed during the first week of June.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.