Mechanical engineering is the field of engineering that applies physics and the material sciences to develop machinery. Mechanical engineers use the principles of force, energy, and motion to improve the safety, efficiency, and technological advancement of the world around us.
With this Mechanical Engineering (Online) programme at the Engineering Institute of Technology , you will have acquired the essential knowledge which underpins both this and other fields of engineering. More importantly, you will have become a mechanical engineering technologist.
Potential job roles include engineering and management positions in the following areas of expertise:
- Mechanical design and manufacturing
- Material fabrication
- Mechanical power
- Thermal power and diesel
- Mechanical engineering contracts, sales, commissioning and consultation
- Building systems
- Industrial operations and maintenance
- Mechanical project management and business development
- Automotive engineering
- Fluid mechanics, hydraulics, pumps and piping
This bachelor's degree is an academically accredited program by the Australian Government agency Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA) and provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia under the Sydney Accord. This EIT degree is internationally recognised under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories.This qualification is officially accredited within the Australian Qualifications Framework by the Training Accreditation Council (TAC), and EIT is approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) for delivery by EIT in all Australian states. EIT delivers this program to students worldwide.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Pumps, Seals, Compressors and
- Mechanics of Machines
- Engineering Mathematics
- Process Plant Layout, Piping and Pipeline Systems
- Project Planning, Management and Costing
- Mechanical Design
- Fluid Mechanics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You must submit your application at least one week prior to the start date to be considered for your desired intake.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 78 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Number - 03567C
- A Year 12 Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for International Students), completed within the past two years;
- A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree (or higher) with successful completion of all Maths units/modules; OR
- An overseas qualification equivalent to Point 2 above from a structured program of learning that leads to the full or partial achievement of an officially accredited qualification undertaken at a tertiary institution such as a university, government technical college, or government recognized private college (EIT assesses overseas qualifications using Australian Government guidelines to determine their comparability to qualifications); OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Completion with a minimum score of 24 including English and Maths completion
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
- Tuition fees depend on your country of origin.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.