Next application period: Jan 7th-20th 2021. Studies start in fall 2021.
Studies in the Business Information Technology programme are fully online. Online workshops and webinars are organized in the evening (Finnish time, GMT+2). This programme is particularly suitable for students who want to study independently, efficiently and independent of time or place. Studies require good personal time management skills and target oriented mindset.
Content of the programme
Along with the basics of business operations and digital service business, you will learn the basics of requirement analysis, application design, application implementation and testing. As work is becoming more digital, companies need skilled application developers who are familiar with all the phases of software development life cycle. In addition to technical competence, studying in an international group promotes cooperation, interaction and communication skills, much valued by employers.
Students graduating from the BIT programme of Laurea, a high-quality university of applied sciences, also receive the valued BBA degree. Every teacher has the required pedagogic qualification, in addition to which they also have extensive workplace and online teaching experience.
Work placements and employment
The studies include 30 credits’ worth of practical training (approximately five months), which can be taken in one or two parts. The work placements are an important step towards employment, helping students to further enhance their competence in an area of their interest. A work placement can be taken in Finland, abroad or online.
The BIT programme provides students with a broad range of possibilities for employment. These include jobs requiring profound technical skills as well as jobs in which more general business expertise is required. Laurea’s BIT students have found employment particularly in web and mobile application development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The online BIT degree programme is particularly suitable for students who, for reasons due to their job or situation in life, cannot attend ordinary daytime studies on Laurea campuses.
- The programme starts from the basics of information technology. The pace of the studies is planned so that students do not need preliminary special knowledge of information technology. What counts is the attitude as well as the ability to learn.
- The programme is designed to take from three to three and a half years. However, it is possible to speed up the studies and graduate in two years. In addition, Laurea has flexible RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) procedures in place. This means that more experienced students can have certain studies or work experience recognised as prior learning and receive credits for it.
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Application period 7th-20th Jan 2021. Studies start in fall 2021.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Business Business Information Systems View 4 other Bachelors in International Business in Finland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
One of the following:
- the Finnish general upper secondary school syllabus and/or the Finnish Matriculation examination;
- an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma;
- a Reifeprüfung (RP) Diploma or Deutsche Internationale Abitur (DIA) degree;
- a European Baccalaureate Diploma (EB);
- a Finnish vocational upper secondary qualification with a scope of 120 credit units or 180 credit points;
- a Finnish post-secondary or higher vocational level diploma;
- a foreign qualification that provides eligibility for higher education studies in the country in question. Generally speaking the graduation certificate awarded after completion of 12 years of upper secondary school.
International8000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8000 EUR per year during 42 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 42 months.
Tuition fee applies to non-EU/EEA/Switzerland citizens.
Grants are intended for students paying yearly tuition fee in accordance with the grant fund regulations. The grants are provided to students applying for them provided that the student has completed at least 60 credits of studies that count towards their degree programme in the previous academic year ending on 31st July. The size of any grant is to be at most equivalent to 10% of the yearly tuition fee.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.