Offered in a bilingual format (French/English), this alternating work-study program lets you fully explore all aspects of hotel operations management. With an educational approach that focuses on practice as well as courses tailored to the industry’s needs, the Advanced Studies in International Hotel Management program of Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec will let you develop an ability to innovate, demonstrate a strategic vision, and act as a genuine leader for your team. The skills you build in this program will shape you into an agile and proactive manager who is ready to rise to the top of your field!
When you choose the Advanced Studies in International Hotel Management (ASIHM) program, you:
- Receive personalized support for your professional goals
- Get a full year of experience at the best hotels
- Learn from professors and lecturers who are industry leaders
- Work with renowned partners
- Advance your career in Quebec or abroad
Develop the skills of a bilingual hotel manager who is mobile, fully functional and ready for the international requirements of the high-end hospitality and food service sectors
Acquire competence in four major areas:
- Behavioural and interpersonal skills
- Leadership within hotel enterprises
- Operations engineering for hotels and food services
- Hotel operations management
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The hospitality industry and environment
- The hotel business and its operations
- Interpersonal communications in the hospitality context
- The hotel hiring process
- Legal frameworks governing hotels
- Food service processes
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 164 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
On the basis of post-secondary studies successfully completed in Québec:
- Have a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) or a university diploma (with a minimum R score of 24), including one mathematics course (Introduction to Quantitative Methods or the equivalent) or accounting course.
On the basis of studies successfully completed in another Canadian province:
- Have a diploma issued by a recognized institution outside Québec or the equivalent, and have successfully completed one year of university studies, including the required mathematics or accounting course.
On the basis of studies successfully completed outside Canada:
- Have a diploma equivalent to a diploma of college studies or university degree issued by a recognized institution and including an advanced mathematics or accounting course.
Be at least 21 years old
All successful applicants must take the ITHQ language test, which evaluates your oral and written French and/or English.
- Have a minimum of 3,500 hours of professional experience in the hotel or restaurant industry
International25974 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56277 CAD for the full programme during 26 months.
National11838 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25651 CAD for the full programme during 26 months.
Total tuition costs for Quebec students: $8,218 CAD
Living costs for Montréal
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.