About the course
Studying on the Scenic Painting for Stage and Screen degree course at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, you will:
- Undertake realisation of production designs to professional standards
- Develop techniques transferable to film, television, trade shows, theme parks and major live events
- Learn to interpret set designs – period or modern, abstract or representational
- Work with a range of materials, textures, finishes and effects
- Develop a high-level of technical competence and skills in research and interpretation
Work on our public productions
There will be the opportunity for you to develop excellent and comprehensive artistic and scenic skills as part of a scenic art team on public productions, working closely with students of other theatre disciplines, to contribute to the overall understanding of performance and theatre production.
The training will principally be in theatre, but these skills are widely transferable to different environments, including television, film, trade shows and major live events.As the course progresses and your skills develop, your level of responsibility and involvement will increase. The project work that is chosen is negotiated to fit with the area(s) of the industry in which you are most keen to make your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Workshops and classes
- Developing skills
- Focus on professional development
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Theatre & Dance View 559 other Bachelors in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The standard academic entry requirements range between 120 and 64 UCAS tariff points.
- Please note that we make lower offers (including unconditional) to exceptional candidates and those who have alternative or prior experience to offer. All candidates invited to interview are asked to bring a portfolio. Interview and portfolio are key factors in determining which applicants are accepted on to the course.
International21444 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21444 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.