- The Humanities major at the Marshall University is unique in two ways: students may choose course work equivalent to a major in a single department or create a broader curriculum of their choice from various humanities courses; and our program also has a strong interdisciplinary side.
- The final degree certificate shows both the departmental discipline and the Humanities major.
- The goal of the program is to help us deepen our understanding of ourselves and our culture, by exploring the ways human beings find meaning in their experience. We explore these ways by studying both our own individual insights and the artistic, philosophical and religious works that have expressed and shaped human experience.
- Each student selects five upper-level courses reflecting her or his own interests, in addition to one prescribed introductory course in each department, and three required team-taught, interdisciplinary courses.
- Religious Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students: applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of a term.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Philosophy & Ethics General Studies & Classics View 2862 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
- Completed application for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.
- An official, final transcript, including graduation date, sent directly from the student’s high school to the Marshall University Admissions Office.
- Official college transcript
- American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores
- A valid immunization record
- Equivalent of U.S. high school diploma
- International GPA requirements are equivalent to domestic GPA requirements and vary by program
- ACT/SAT required for some programs and merit-based scholarships
- Proof of English Proficiency
International19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4276 USD per semester during 48 months.
Metro Residents - $7,318
Living costs for Huntington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.