During the studies, you will learn how to design and manufacture vehicles and their systems and components, to research and plan transport systems and processes, and to organise and manage traffic. You will also learn to tackle the creative challenges of transportation engineering, to anticipate future challenges in the transportation industry, and to provide solutions that will solve current problems or prevent them in the future.
Creativity is the programme graduates’ exclusive competence, very much sought after by the employers.
Ford Motor Company (Germany), JSC ALTAS Commercial Transport, Olsbergs Motorsports Evolution (Sweden), JSC Elinta, Gronholm RX Team (Finland), JSC Continental Automotive Lithuania, JSC Schmitz Cargobull Baltic (Germany/Lithuania), Public Enterprise Transport Competence Agency, Lithuanian Road Administration (under Ministry of Transport and Communication) are among the companies, where our graduates work.
The Vehicle Engineering study programme from Kaunas University of Technology is your opportunity to jump-start a successful career through involvement into the projects initiated and developed by our students: The Student Formula, Driving Simulator, Experimental Hybrid Vehicle, Electric Car, Electric ATV, Karting, Buggie, and by building experience through the activities in other countries: at Munich University of Applied Sciences, the Technical University of Berlin (Germany), NASA’S Ames Research Centre (the U.S.), etc.
- Able to design vehicles, vehicle systems and elements in view of the technical, social, safety and commercial requirements
- Able to investigate, assess and assure the functionality and reliability of vehicles and vehicle systems
- Able to analyze, systematize and model transportation and terminal work processes
- Able to develop transport system models, perform traffic flow forecasts and select appropriate congestion management solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Road Vehicles and Methodology of their Design
- Computer-Aided Design
- Automatic Control Fundamentals
- Diagnostics of Vehicles and their Systems, Alternative Fuels and Hybrid Powertrains in Vehicles
- Road Vehicles Theory
- Traction Theory of Railway Rolling Stocks
- Technical Maintenance of Vehicles
- Railway Automation and Communication Technologies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Transportation Engineering View 20 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in Lithuania
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
- The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3524 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3524 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3524 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3524 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.