You focus on creativity, specialist skills, new media and technology, and learn to respond to the challenges of a dynamic and rapidly changing range of professions in the creative industries.
The flexible nature of the Design for the Creative Industries curriculum content from Teesside University, allows you to develop your own individual pathway or specialism within the broad subject areas of spatial design, product design, graphic design and interactive media. You have the opportunity to work in a professional design studio developing autonomy in your professional skills along with gaining an academic qualification.
You work in a specialist design discipline towards a professional career in spatial design, product design, graphic design and interactive media.
Opportunities exist for future employment links with a strong vocational element to the course aiding and developing career progression. Academic rigour is promoted and encouraged, along with a suitable curriculum, to allow progression to Level 6 qualifications.
- Design Communication
- Design Processes in the Creative Industries
- Digital Design for the Creative Industries
- Understanding the Creative Industries
- Work-related Learning
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The main UCAS closing date is 29 January. You are encouraged to apply by then although late applications are accepted through UCAS until 30 June.
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design Management of Creative Industries View 280 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Typical offer 80-96 points. Consideration will also be given to students with evidence of practical art and design experience at an appropriate level. Students are invited to bring portfolios along on applicant days to show creative skills in art and design.
- Because this course is taught at Hartlepool College of Further Education, we are not accepting applications from international students requiring a Student Visa.
International14000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6150 GBP per year during 24 months.
- Fee for UK applicants £3,960 (120 credits)
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.