Physician assistants can develop treatment plans, perform physical exams, order and interpret laboratory tests, diagnose and treat illnesses, counsel patients on preventative health care, assist in surgery, and write prescriptions.
- Physician assistants are educated as generalists in medicine, and their education and credentialing are based on a primary care foundation, which gives them the flexibility to be employed in all areas of medicine.
- PA’s practice in family medicine, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology, as well as in any specialty fields such as cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, and emergency medicine. PA’s must have a license and a supervising physician before they can practice.
- The Pre-Physician Assistant programme is offerd at the University of Southern California.
- Most physician assistant programs award a Master’s degree and the average length is about 27 months. PA’s are required to complete more than 400 hours in basic sciences, 75 hours in pharmacology, 175 hours in behavioral sciences and nearly 580 hours of clinical medicine.
- They also need to complete 2,000 hours of clinical rotations with an emphasis on primary care in ambulatory clinics, physician’s offices and acute/long-term care facilities. All states require that PA’s graduate from an accredited PA program and are required to pass the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE) certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microbiology & Physiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Humanities/Social Science
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 362 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Submit Primary Application
- Identifying Information
- Schools Attended
- Biographic Information
- Course Work
- Letters of Recommendation
- Medical Schools
- Personal Statement
- Standardized Tests
Supplemetal (Secondary) Applications
- Additional biographic information
- Short answer statements and essays
- Letters of recommendation
- Application fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.