Patient examination in physical therapy include, but are not limited to: testing of muscle function, strength, joint flexibility, range of motion, balance and coordination, posture, respiration, skin integrity, motor function, quality of life, and activities of daily living. PTs also determine a patient’s ability to reintegrate into the workforce or community after illness or injury.
- The Pre-Physical Therapy programme is offered at the University of Southern California
- All professional (entry-level) physical therapist educational programs currently award a Master’s or Doctoral (DPT) degree and are usually three years long. By 2016, all physical therapy programs will be offering the DPT degree. Generally speaking, the first two years are focused on academic and clinical course work including relevant clinical rotations.
- The third year consists predominately of challenging clinical experiences, as well as advanced courses and seminars. All states require physical therapists to have graduated from an accredited physical therapist educational program, as well as pass a national licensure examination.
- Physical therapist practice is governed by state licensure law and, as such, there may be additional requirements and fees beyond the required national licensure examination.
- Upon graduation, an array of opportunities are available to licensed PTs that include, but are not limited to pursuing clinical mastery in practice by completing an approved clinical residency or clinical fellowship, pursuit of clinical specialization in eight specialty areas (i.e. cardiopulmonary, clinical electrophysiology, geriatrics, neurology, orthopedics, pediatrics, sports, and women’s health) through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties, furthering one’s formal academic education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences View 362 other Masters in Physiotherapy in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Submit Primary Application
- Identifying Information
- Schools Attended
- Biographic Information
- Course Work
- Letters of Recommendation
- Medical Schools
- Personal Statement
- Standardized Tests
Supplemetal (Secondary) Applications
- Additional biographic information
- Short answer statements and essays
- Letters of recommendation
- Application fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.