DOs are trained to look at the whole person from their first days of medical school, which means they see each person as more than just a collection of organ systems and body parts that may become injured or diseased.
- DOs are licensed to practice the full scope of medicine in all 50 states. They practice in all types of environments, including the military, and in all types of specialties, from family medicine to obstetrics, surgery, and aerospace medicine.
- The Pre-Medicine (Osteopathic Medicine) major at the University of Southern California distinction between the D.O. and M.D. today is that the D.O. receives additional specialized training in osteopathic principles and practices, including the hands-on diagnosis and treatment through a system of therapy known as osteopathic manipulative medicine.
- Another distinction is that osteopathic medicine emphasizes primary care.
- A degree in osteopathic medicine requires four years of academic study of which two years are dedicated to the sciences and two years to clinical rotations. Upon graduation, graduates may receive a 12-month internship approved by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Graduates, however, may enter either M.D. or D.O. residency programs that can last an additional three to eight years depending on the medical specialty they choose to pursue.
- Graduates may enter residency programs either directly from on graduation from medical school or following a one-year osteopathic internship (in some cases depending on state licensing regulations).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Molecular Biology
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Health Sciences View 1167 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Submit Primary Application
- Identifying Information
- Schools Attended
- Biographic Information
- Course Work
- Letters of Recommendation
- Medical Schools
- Personal Statement
- Standardized Tests
- Additional biographic information
- Short answer statements and essays
- Letters of recommendation
- Application fees
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.