This Advanced Diploma of Applied Fashion Design and Merchandising course at TAFE South Australia provides skills in design and product development, as well as technical production skills and business. Students can choose from a design and product development or a fashion business stream. To complete the qualification you are required to complete all 11 core units and 34 elective units.
Job role titles may include: Pattern Maker; Fashion Designer; Design Manager.
- Assess impact of current fashion industry innovations and practices
- Calculate cost estimates for fashion products
- Develop and implement a sales or marketing strategy for fashion or textile items
- Develop and present design concepts within specific guidelines
- Identify fabric performance and handling requirements
- Identify fibres, fabrics and textiles used in the TCF industry
- Interact and network with fashion industry participants
- Operate computing technology in a TCF workplace
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Work safely
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion Design View 295 other programmes in Design in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at TAFE South Australia and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- CRICOS Code: 0100765
- Satisfactory demonstration of reading, writing and numeracy skills by undertaking the Core Skills Profile for Adults (CSPA)
- Academic IELTS score of 5.5 Overall with minimum of 5.0 in all bands or equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of Year 12 or overseas equivalent .
International15170 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 30340 AUD for the full programme during 24 months.
Living costs for Adelaide
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.