Join world-leading experts, including practising archaeologists and historians, to study History in all its breadth, from ancient civilisations such as the Minoan and Mycenean period to the present day. You'll take a broad approach to the past, from ancient mythology and the world of predynastic Egypt to the Crusades and the age of Nazi propaganda. Ancient, Medieval and Modern History (Hons) is offered at University of Kent.
As part of your degree, you develop critical thinking, transferable knowledge and skills that enable you to work in a variety of professions.
Our graduates have gone on to work in:
- the heritage industry
- the Civil Service
- media librarianship
- Making History: Theory and Practice
- Mediterranean Empires from Carthage and Rome to the Indus
- Early Medieval Europe
- Greek for Beginners
- Latin for Beginners
- 36 months
- 72 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Ancient History Modern History View 218 other Bachelors in Modern History in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A level: BBB including History or Classical Civilisation or Ancient History or Medieval History at B
- Access to HE Diploma:If we make you an offer, you will need to obtain/pass the overall Access to Higher Education Diploma and may also be required to obtain a proportion of the total level 3 credits and/or credits in particular subjects at merit grade or above.
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (formerly BTEC National Diploma): The University will consider applicants holding BTEC National Diploma and Extended National Diploma Qualifications (QCF; NQF; OCR) on a case-by-case basis. A typical offer would be to achieve DDM plus an A-level in either History, Classical Civilisation, Ancient History or Medieval History at B.
- International Baccalaureate: 30 points overall or 15 points at HL including History 5 at HL or 6 at SL
International17400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU full-time £13000
- Home part-time £4625
- EU part-time £6500
- International part-time £8700
Living costs for Canterbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Scholarships are available for excellence in academic performance, sport and music and are awarded on merit. For further information on the range of awards available and to make an application see our scholarships website.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.