The Neuroscience major at the Middlebury College is an excellent choice for students interested in graduate school, health professions, education, athletics, and businesses like pharmaceuticals, brain testing and therapy.
- Students should demonstrate a broad intellectual foundation in neuroscience, including molecular, cellular, cognitive, philosophical, and systems-level perspectives, and should understand how how those perspectives are interrelated.
- Students should understand the significance of the scientific method as a route to understanding, including the importance of objective observation, hypothesis development, experimental design, statistical analysis, analytical reasoning, and arriving at conclusions based upon evidence.
- Students should learn to critically assess neuroscience literature.
- Students should develop their written and oral communication abilities, such that they can convey the essence of neuroscience to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Students should become proficient with neuroscience research techniques.
- Because it reflects the nature of neuroscientific research, students should develop both the ability to work collaboratively, as well as independently, on scholarly projects.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Cellular/Molecular Neuroscience
- Behavioral Neuroscience
- Physiological Psychology
- Conditioning and Learning
- Sensation and Perception
- Cognitive Psychology
- Neural Coding
- Rhythms of the Brain
- Concepts: The Stuff of Thought
- Methods in Neuroscience
- Neurobiology Memory Cognition
- Genes, Brain, Behavior
- Lenses on Sex and Gender
- Independent Research
- Senior Research
- Senior Thesis
- The Sleeping Brain
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNeuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 360 other Bachelors in Neuroscience in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Essay: Middlebury admissions requires an application essay.
- Two Teacher Recommendations: Allow ample time for teachers to complete their recommendations online by the deadline.
- School Report, Counselor Recommendation, and Transcript
- Senior Grades: All applicants should request that their counselor send midyear grades
- Application Fee: Our $65 application fee is nonrefundable.
- English Proficiency Test: Middlebury accepts a number of English proficiency tests for students whose first language is not English or whose secondary education has been at a school where English is not the primary language of instruction.
- Additional Materials: You will be able to upload additional materials directly to your student portal. We cannot guarantee that any additional materials submitted beyond what is required will be reviewed by our admissions readers, but we make every effort to read or view all materials sent to us.
International59330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59330 USD per year during 48 months.
National59330 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59330 USD per year during 48 months.
Student Activity Fee: $440
Living costs for Middlebury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.