Why Study Computer Science at the University of Luxembourg ?
IT is an extremely dynamic sector with a relatively high rate of job offers with very good salaries. The evolution of the employment in this sector is heading towards high qualification positions (master level at least). This is even more true for countries whose economies are comparable to those of Luxembourg, France, Belgium or Germany. The computer systems of the future require highly skilled engineers who are able to invent, design, develop quality products.
- Excellence: programme designed from the international ACM / IEEE CS standard
- Project oriented: pedagogy based on acquisition by practice through research and development projects
- Scientific quality: develop interest and strengths in science and technology for the future
- Multilingual: students follow a multilingual training allowing them to practice and apply two languages in the frame of their IT projects. English is the main language and a second language can be chosen between French and German. This language approach has the purpose to ensure that the student has a real effective capacity to work in a multilingual environment, as it exists, among others, in Luxembourg.
Study And Career Opportunities
- Master in Information and Computer Sciences (MICS) at the University of Luxembourg
- Master in computer science within any other world-class university or school
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Analysis for Applications
- Discrete Mathematics
- Linear Algebra
- Programming Fundamentals
- Computing Infrastructure
- Networking and Communication
- Theoretical Computer Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Luxembourgish secondary school diploma or foreign diploma recognised as equivalent by the Luxembourg Ministry of Education
- Language: level B2 in English
Candidates for admission in the first year are required to hold:
- a Luxembourg diploma of general secondary education (the bachelor is adapted to the general curriculum and scientific branches B, C and D), or
- an equivalent foreign degree recognised by the Ministry of National Education of Luxembourg.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 36 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR per semester during 36 months.
- 400€ /semester (1 & 2)
- 200€ /semester (3 to 6)
Living costs for Luxembourg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.