Get ready for Academic Success! The Preparatory Year course at Saxion University of Applied Sciences will help you develop the English and Study Skills you need.
The foundation of English for Academic Purposes is cultural awareness and autonomy. Through this course, you will become familiar with your new cultural context in the university and in the Netherlands. You will also start to take charge of your own learning by reflecting on your learning needs and structuring your own learning process.
The Preparatory Courses follow an intensive schedule of varied activities such as lecture-based input, practice sessions, applied skills sessions, projects, elective courses and tutorials.
Improve your English
Saxion University of Applied Sciences offers a range of Preparatory Courses for international students seeking to upgrade their English language and study skills before starting a Bachelor or Master Degree programme.
Saxion’s Preparatory Courses offer you intensive English language preparation in reading, writing, listening and speaking. The courses are organised in an interactive small group setting with attention on individual feedback and progress.
Our programme has been designed specifically to meet the needs of non-native English speakers who need to learn to communicate effectively in an academic environment.
- The course contents focus on topics from different fields such as language, ethics, business, culture or global health.
- At the start of the course, you will also participate in a workshop on Intercultural Awareness and Dutch culture.
- As you progress in your studies, you will gain more control over your studies for example by choosing your own topics for assignments.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Area & Cultural Studies Language Studies View 71 other programmes in Language Studies in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Students who wish to start the Preparatory Year course must have a minimum overall IELTS score of 5.0.
- When applying for the Preparatory Courses, students are also required to apply for one of Saxion’s Bachelor, Short Degree or Master programmes or a main degree programme with one of the affiliated Institutions of Higher Education in the Netherlands.
- At the end of the Preparatory Year Course, students will receive a certificate of successful completion with a transcript of records. This certificate will ensure entry to Saxion degree programmes and programmes of affiliated institutions.
International7800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Deventer
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.