Prince Edward Island was the first province in Canada to adopt Baccalaureate education as the exclusive entry to nursing practice. This decision placed us at the forefront in the initiative across Canada to locate Nursing education at the university level.
Students in the Nursing - Accelerated program at the University of Prince Edward Island are required to take the same courses and have the same number of clinical hours as students in the four-year BScN program.
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Registered Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Medical Writer
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Fundamentals of Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment
- Pathophysiology for Nursing Students
- Nursing of Young Families
- Adult Nursing: Transitions in Health
- Partnerships with Clients and Families Living with Chronic Illness
- Issues in Nursing and Health Care
- Nursing Research Methods
- Health Teaching
- Nursing of the Childbearing Family
- Developing Partnerships with Clients in the Community
- Leadership for Health Professionals in a Primary Health Care Context
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Pharmacy Nursing View 27 other Bachelors in Pharmacy in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be eligible for the Accelerated BScN Program:
- applicants must have successfully completed Grade 12 or equivalent courses in English, Math, Chemistry, and Biology;
- applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree with a minimum average of 75% (GPA 3.0 or B) in the last 20 courses of the degree;
- students who have completed courses after being granted a degree must have a minimum 75% average based on the best 20 course of the last 22 courses taken;
- applicants must have completed courses for credit in Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Microbiology, Statistics, an introductory Nutrition course, two introductory Psychology courses, Developmental Psychology, and two English courses.
International6450 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6450 CAD per year during 24 months.
National6450 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6450 CAD per year during 24 months.
- International fee: $7,548 per year in addition to full-time course tuition
Living costs for Charlottetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.