This Mathematics and Management (Hons) degree from The University Of Nottingham Malaysia is designed for a comprehensive education in mathematics, probability and statistics integrated with the theory and practice of business management and entrepreneurship. No previous knowledge of management or business studies is assumed.
In each year of the Honours programme, students must take modules accruing 120 credits. In the first year, 80 of these credits are in mathematics and 40 credits in management studies. In the second and third years, the students take 60 credits in each of the two disciplines.
During the first year (Qualifying year), students will study core mathematics with modules in analytical and computational foundations, calculus and linear mathematics, as well as modules in probability and statistics. In the management studies, students take modules such as entrepreneurship, business economics and organisational behaviour.
In the second and third years, the focus will equally split between mathematics and management, with the opportunity to study a range of optional modules so much so that students can tailor the course to their own interests.
This programme is a joint honours degree offered in conjunction with Nottingham University Business School.
It prepares students for careers in finance, commerce, the professions in mathematical and statistical modelling, and education. Students may choose to undergo further specialist training to qualify as accountants, actuaries and teachers, or work in areas such as insurance, research and development, administration and management. This degree provides careers-related skills development, and it is also an excellent preparation for PhD study.
- Analytical and Computational Foundations
- Business Economics
- Linear Mathematics
- Organisational Behaviour
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMathematics Management, Organisation & Leadership View 130 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBB, including mathematics, excluding critical thinking and general studies
- IB Diploma 30 points with 5,5,5 at Higher Level, including mathematics
- STPM B+B+B+, including mathematics, excluding Pengajian Am
- UEC 2 As including mathematics and grade B3 in 3 further academic subjects, excluding Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese language.
- SAM or other Australian Matriculations ATAR 86 including mathematics and other relevant subjects.
- Canadian Ontario Grade 12 Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) 79% average based on 6 subjects with at least 70% in Advanced Functions and Calculus and Vectors.
International9862 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9862 EUR per year during 36 months.
National8015 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8015 EUR per year during 36 months.
- Malaysian – RM38,200 per year,
- Non-Malaysian – RM47,000 per year
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.