Through a blend of laboratory, computational, and field research, our students build a deep understanding of the Earth and develop skills they can apply in a variety of careers including education, government, and environmental consulting.
Community in the Laboratory and in the Field
- Oberlin College & Conservatory’s Geology department is a welcoming family of curious minds from diverse backgrounds. In addition to coursework, geology students have the chance to do original research with a faculty mentor in one of our many laboratories and to travel to sites as varied as Lake Erie to China, Cuba, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Regardless of whether we are doing geology in the classroom, in a laboratory, or in the field, our department prides itself on an ethos of friendship, support, and inclusion.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Earth’s Environments
- The Anthropocene: Human Actions, Global Consequences
- Applied GIS
- Great Lakes Limnology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology View 658 other Bachelors in Geology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oberlin College & Conservatory and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We accept online applications through either the Common App or the Coalition Application.
- School Report with Official Transcript.
- Teacher Evaluations.
- English Language Proficiency Requirements.
International59384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59384 USD per year during 48 months.
National59384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59384 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oberlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.