One of the first interdisciplinary programs of its kind, Oberlin’s Department of East Asian Studies is a welcoming community of gifted language teachers, committed scholars, and diverse, motivated students.
- Our East Asian Studies majors at Oberlin College & Conservatory enjoy cultural immersion as part of language tables, cultural events and festivals, workshops with visiting speakers, and student-led clubs.
- More than 90% of our majors study or conduct research in Asia, many on funded fellowships thanks to Oberlin Shansi, a nonprofit, nongovernmental educational and cultural exchange organization housed on the Oberlin campus.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Women and Literary Culture in Japan
- Religious Rituals in East Asia
- The Other Great Game, 1860-1905
- Chinese Popular Cinema and Public Intellectualism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History View 3022 other Bachelors in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oberlin College & Conservatory and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- We accept online applications through either the Common App or the Coalition Application.
- School Report with Official Transcript.
- Teacher Evaluations.
- English Language Proficiency Requirements.
International59384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59384 USD per year during 48 months.
National59384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 59384 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Oberlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.