Experiential learning is an integral part of the curriculum and central to the studio, internship, and service-learning courses. A well-established Artist-in-Residence programme, the Visual Studies (Hons) degree from Lingnan University provides ample opportunities for active engagement with the art world.
- To provide students with a grounding in art history, philosophical aesthetics, film studies and museum studies, and to develop students’ capacity to make cross-disciplinary connections amongst these areas through an issues-oriented approach;
- To engage students in research expression through art practice; and
- To foster values that result in lifelong engagement with creativity, art and community.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Critical Thinking: Analysis and Argumentation
- The Making of Hong Kong
- Practical Chinese
- English for Communication
- Western Art from Romanticism to Modernism
- Philosophy of Visual Arts
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVisual Arts Language Studies View 5 other Bachelors in Visual Arts in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a degree or a sub-degree awarded by a recognised post-secondary institution;
- Grade E or above in both Advanced Supplementary (AS) Level Use of English (UE) and Chinese Language and Culture (CLC); PLUS Grade E or above in two Advanced Level (AL) subjects OR Grade E or above in one AL subject and in two AS Level subjects other than UE and CLC in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE); or
- other acceptable non-local qualifications.
International17926 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17926 USD per year during 48 months.
National5390 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5390 USD per year during 48 months.
- International: HK$140,000
- Local: HK$42,100
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.