As part of one of the most prominent HBCUs in the nation, the Sociology program of Hampton University seeks to dismantle myths about marginalized groups and their experiences in their home, the country, and society. By providing training in theory, research, and critical thinking, the department produces students with knowledge and skills essential for challenging the current climate from a political, social, and cultural perspective.
Sociology majors are encouraged to complete a one-semester internship that provides students with practical experience and application of sociological skills in community-based agencies and a one-semester independent study with an instructor concerning a special or focused topic.
- Sociology of the Family
- Social Problems
- Social Research
- Race and Ethnic Relations
- Social Inequality
- Urban Problems-Sociological
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology International Development View 2030 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completed on-line application
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable). Hampton University does not accept ANY fee waivers.
- OFFICIAL high school transcript.
- Standardized test (SAT or ACT) Only
- One letter of recommendation from your high school guidance counselor or a high school teacher
- A minimum 500 word essay on the topic of CHARACTER: Describe what exhibiting good character means to you and provide specific examples of your demonstrated behavior in this regard.
- High School Completion
- African Students - General Certificate of Education or the West African School Certificate, Ordinary level, and Division II, with at least 6 passes.
- Completion of high school equivalency as attested by the AACRAO National Credentials Evaluation Project.
International26198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26198 USD per year during 48 months.
National26198 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26198 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Hampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.