The Environmental Studies program at Haverford College combines the strengths of our two liberal arts campuses to create an interdisciplinary program that teaches students to synthesize diverse disciplinary knowledge and approaches, and to communicate effectively across disciplinary boundaries as they engage with environmental issues. In addressing these issues, ES students will apply critical thinking and analytical skills within a holistic, systems framework that includes social justice as an essential component.
Curriculum & Courses
Haverford, Bryn Mawr, and Swarthmore also offer an interdisciplinary Tri-Co ES minor, involving departments and faculty on all three campuses from the natural sciences, engineering, mathematics, the social sciences, the humanities, and the arts. The Tri-Co ES minor brings together students and faculty to explore interactions among earth systems, human societies, and local and global environments.
Research & Outreach
Formed in great part in response to strong student interest, our program has been infinitely enriched by ongoing student involvement. Their deep commitment to the environment has helped create an academic community in which classroom rigor goes hand in hand with active engagement in protecting our world.
- Case Studies in Environmental Issues
- Laboratory in Environmental Sciences
- Environment and Society
- Environmental Humanities
- Environmental Studies Praxis
- Environmental Studies Senior Capstone
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Sciences Environmental Sciences View 1596 other Bachelors in Environmental Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application and Personal Statement
- Haverford Common Application Supplement and Honor Code essay
- School Report with most recent transcript (including 1st quarter grades if applying ED)
- School Profile and Counselor Report
- 2 Teacher Evaluations (English, Math, Science, Social Studies or Foreign Language)
- $65 Application Fee or fee waiver
- Required as soon as first trimester or first semester grades are available: Mid-Year School Report Form with attached Secondary School Transcript
- Optional: Standardized Test Results: Either the SAT or ACT Exam.
International62850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62850 USD per year during 48 months.
National62850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62850 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ardmore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.