Majors of the Theological Studies program of Loyola Marymount University investigate the broader area of religious experience. Areas of study include biblical, historical, systematic, liturgical and comparative theology; theological ethics, spirituality, and faith and culture; world religions and religious studies; and pastoral theology, with special emphasis on the Roman Catholic theological tradition.
Individual courses may study classical theological questions, perform close readings of a seminal text (e.g., Augustine’s Confessions), confront contemporary moral problems and the diversity of theological and ethical perspectives, or address the cultural, religious, and intellectual histories of particular religious traditions.
Theological Studies majors also delve into issues relating to theology and gender, race, ethnicity, and other aspects of diversity. Course offerings include: US Latino/a Theology; Women and Religion; World Religions in Los Angeles; and the African American Religious Experience. Majors take courses in various subdisciplines in theology, but the major is designed to maximize student autonomy in shaping his or her own course of study.
Is This Major Right for You?You might be a Theological Studies major if you:
- Value scholarship
- Follow world events, including the global influence of religion on culture and politics
- Are curious about life’s big questions and social justice issues
- Have interest in religion and contemporary culture
- Are interested in the nature and practice of religion
- Hebrew Bible / Old Testament
- New Testament Contexts
- Islam in the Modern World
- World Religions and Ecology
- Pop Hinduism
- Jesus in Gospel and Film
- Theology and Science
- God and the Political Order
- In Search of a Way: Spirituality, Faith, Culture
- Judaism Medieval Theology
- Mystics and Heretics
- God and the Human Experience
- US Latino/a Theology
- Jesus, Kingdom, Church
- Sex and the City of God
- The Sacred, Sinister and Strange
- Women and Religion
- The Cross and the Lynching Tree
- Exploring Catholic Theological Tradition
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies View 73 other Bachelors in Islamic Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be sure to include the $60 application fee.
- To request a fee waiver, please follow the instructions on the application you choose to use.
- Submit a letter of recommendation with your application.
- This should be sent from an official at the school you attend. A letter from a teacher and a letter from your counselor or principal is recommended. One letter of recommendation is required.
- Send your transcripts to Undergraduate Admission.
- All first year applicants should include their grades on the application they chose to submit or upload a copy of their transcripts. Enrolling first year applicants must all submit official final high school transcripts before school begins, showing your high school graduation date.
- Transfer students must also submit transcripts from each college or university attended.
International53067 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53067 USD per year during 48 months.
National53067 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 53067 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.