Combining atoms and molecules to create new materials is an exciting occupation full of creative possibilities. Novel medicines, clean energy, contemporary electronic gadgets, and innovative solutions for building structures and transport – the application and demand for new materials is growing every day.
At KTU, the students of the unique bi-disciplinary Material Physics and Nanotechnology acquired at the Kaunas University of Technology get strong education within physics, chemistry and mathematics, combined with courses in materials science that are oriented towards technology.
KTU’s membership in international organisations, such as Inter-Academia, Federation of European Materials Society, Physics and Chemistry of Advanced Materials, the visiting professors from the world’s best universities, such as Stanford University, Shizuoka University, Tokyo Institute of Technology ensure that the competences of the graduates meet and exceed the expectations of industry and business.
Top reasons to study at KTU:
- As the program emphasizes science, mathematics and technologies, students are well prepared to pursue graduate work in either technological field or physics.
- Visiting professors from Stanford University, University of Southern Denmark and experts from industry organize international seminars and workshops to be in touch with global scientific solutions.
- Besides training laboratories at the faculty, the latest and most advanced equipment installed in KTU science and business valley “Santaka“ is used during the study process.
- Researches show that in year 2025 the demand for specialists with multidisciplinary knowledge and skills will grow up to 25% in Lithuania, whereas 3,6 million jobs will be created in EU.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Information Technologies
- Classical Physics
- Object Programming
- Organic Chemistry
- Physics of Materials
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
- The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3524 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3524 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA3524 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3524 EUR per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.