- Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET, Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology program at the Western Carolina University builds on a background of applied mathematics, science, and computer engineering technology to prepare students for employment in the electrical and computer business sectors and further graduate study. Faculty members with industry experience and in-depth knowledge mentor students to excel in a learning environment in which theory and hands-on applications are integrated in our Project-based Learning environment.
- Composed of technical and liberal studies courses, the program curriculum is designed to develop well-rounded graduates who succeed in many different professional environments. Project-based technical courses include circuit analysis, microcontrollers, and digital signal processing. Students are required to participate in a two-semester senior capstone project for externally supported industrial sponsors under the guidance of faculty members and industry mentors. Our mentors excel in many areas, including automation, robotics, and optoelectronics. Outside of the classroom and lab, students are encouraged to further their learning and experience by becoming involved with professional engineering societies.
- Program graduates build careers in corporate life, non-profit organizations, government service, teaching, business, and entrepreneurial endeavors. Career specialties include system administrator, network specialist, system or software engineer, information technologist, and technical or computer sales representative. Often, graduates interested in starting their own businesses enroll in graduate-level business studies. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, computer and mathematical occupations are projected to grow by 18 percent between 2012 and 2022, which is well above the 10.8 percent projected for all occupations for the same time period.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology curriculum includes:
- Electronic Drafting and Fabrication
- Digital Integrated Circuits Laboratory
- Circuit Analysis
- Electronic Circuits
- Computer Engineering Fundamentals
- Electronic Communication Fundamentals
- Advanced Circuit Analysis
- Microcontroller Interfacing
- Modern Power Systems Analysis
- Control Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 1889 other Bachelors in General Engineering & Technology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Be sure that you complete the correct application. Be sure to be truthful, accurate and thorough.
- Application fee: This required, nonrefundable processing fee should be submitted at the time of application. The online application provides information about electronic submission of the application fee.
- A majority of first-year prospective students submit an application prior to high school completion. An official high school transcript (or its equivalent) showing work completed to date is required at the time of application and prior to application deadlines.
- First-year applicants are required to submit official SAT I or ACT scores. Applicants are encouraged to take the same type of test at least twice (once in the spring of the junior year and once in the fall of the senior year) and may consider taking both the SAT I and ACT based upon score results.
International10902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5451 USD per semester during 48 months.
National10902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5451 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State6902 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3451 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Cullowhee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.