Biology - Biomedical from University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is designed specifically for students seeking a curriculum with emphasis on the biology of human health and disease. In this option, students choose among an extensive set of electives, including human anatomy, physiology, nutrition and epidemiology. This option prepares students for health-related professions and graduate programs. It is recommended that students seeking the Biomedical Science Option declare so to an advisor by the end of their freshman year.
Graduates with Biology - Biomedical from University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) will:
- be able to apply the scientific method: formulate a testable hypothesis, design and conduct scientific investigation, and interpret study findings.
- understand the fundamental processes of cells that are interwoven within one large biochemical network.
- be able to: 1) Explain from a biochemical perspective how genetic information is stored, expressed and inherited, and 2) Explain the inheritance patterns of traits, and what factors influence the prevalence of traits.
- be able to identify the major classes of macromolecules, to recognize the principal biosynthetic and energy pathways of living organisms, and to understand the connections between biological systems and the molecular structures of their constituent parts.
- be able to identify evidence to support common descent of all living organisms, to understand the factors that contribute to and the consequences of evolutionary change, and to apply “evolutionary thinking” to explain biological phenomena.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nutrition for Health Sciences
- Microbiology: Bacteriology/Mycology
- Bacteriology/Mycology Laboratory
- Microbiology: Virology
- Exercise Physiology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Cardiovascular Physiology
- Skeletal Muscle Physiology
- Human Metabolism
- Nutrition, Exercise, and Health in Women
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology View 2802 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- First-Time Freshman Application
- Submit Application Fee
- Submit Your High School/Ged Transcripts
- Submit Your Sat/Act Scores
- English Proficiency
International20067 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20067 USD per year during 48 months.
National20067 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20067 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State8523 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8523 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Colorado Springs
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.