In the Special Education program of the Georgia Southern University, you will experience:
- Coursework in special education,
- Methodology courses addressing academic instruction, and
- Core coursework in professional education.
During your special education college experience, you will be well-prepared to teach in special education classrooms with excellence. You will have many experiences in public school classrooms prior to the student teaching semester. All field experiences, including student teaching, take place within a 70 mile radius of the Georgia Southern campus. You can explore other program outcomes to determine if this program is right for you.Upon successful completion of the program and passing the Special Education GACE exam, you will qualify for Georgia’s special education teacher certification in the area of mild disabilities in grades P-12.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Characteristics of Learners with Disabilities
- Assessment in Special Education
- Special Education Procedures
- Classroom Management
- Instructional and Behavior Management Methods, P-5
- Instructional and Behavior Management Methods, 6-12
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 3614 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- Prospective first-year students must meet one of the following admission criteria: 2.6+ unweighted GPA with no test scores, 2.5+ unweighted GPA with 1030+ SAT or 20+ ACT.
- Complete Admissions Application.
- Pay the $30 non-refundable application fee online or upload an acceptable fee waiver as you submit your application.
- Submit High School Transcripts: either mail your official transcript or have a school official email your transcript. Academic records must have a seal or an original signature. If your transcripts are not provided in English, you must submit a certified English translation of all documents.
- Non-Native English Speakers must submit Proof of English Proficiency. They may submit SAT, ACT, IELTS, TOEFL (Including Home Edition), and Duolingo English Test. Results must be submitted directly from the testing service.
International15424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7712 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7712 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4370 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2185 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Statesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.