With training in subjects including electronics, robotics, embedded systems, power systems, telecommunications, control systems, signal processing, microelectronics, and more, you’ll gain the tools necessary to put ideas into action and real-world solutions.
Courses in this Electrical Engineering program at Georgia Southern University are available on both the Armstrong and Statesboro Campuses. However, the final two years of the degree must be completed in Statesboro.
The Electrical Engineering program at Georgia Southern will enable its graduates to do the following.
- Be successfully employed in the electrical engineering field or pursue relevant graduate degrees such as in engineering, business, or science.
- Be proficient in the design and implementation of electrical systems using modern tools and provide proper documentation and testing procedures.
- Draw upon a broad base of knowledge in science and engineering to provide viable solutions within the appropriate technological, global, societal, ethical, and organizational context.
- Expand their capabilities and knowledge of contemporary issues through continuing education or other lifelong learning experiences including advanced training or licensing.
- Effectively communicate and work in cross-functional teams while conducting themselves with high standards of ethics and professional responsibility.
The following are the student outcomes (SOs) that you are expected to possess the following skills upon graduation:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Jobs in Electrical Engineering
The Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering trains you for a wide variety of careers in diverse industries, including telecommunications, cyber security, aerospace, government, military sectors, healthcare systems, etc. You will gain the skills and exposure to applied research to work in positions such as:
- Hardware engineer
- Software engineer
- Systems analyst
- Firmware engineer
- Applications developer
- ASIC design engineer
- Technical support specialist
- Web developer
- Network technician
- Software developer
- Systems engineer
- Programmer analyst
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Electric Machines w/Lab
- Power Systems Fundamentals
- Microcontrollers with Lab
- Circuit Analysis with Lab
- Linear Systems
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering General Engineering & Technology Digital Communication View 765 other Bachelors in Digital Communication in United States
- 2.5+ GPA
- Either SAT or ACT test scores
- Attention: Non-native English speakers require a Proof of English Proficiency.
- Non-Native English Speakers must submit Proof of English Proficiency. They may submit SAT, ACT, IELTS, TOEFL Test. Results must be submitted directly from the testing service.
- Complete Admissions Application
- Submit High School Transcripts. If your transcripts are not provided in English, you must submit a certified English translation of all documents.
International15426 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7713 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15426 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7713 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2186 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Statesboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.