Explore various fields of Earth Sciences at Laurentian University, the leading Canadian university in economic geology research and funding including: mineralogy, igneous and metamorphic petrology, structural geology, geophysics, geochemistry, oceanography, paleontology, sedimentology, hydrogeology, and planetary geology.
Study volcanoes and earthquakes, learn how minerals and rocks form, how our planet evolved, and what causes climate change. Understand Earth’s evolution, including tectonics, biological evolution, and geochemical systems at the Harquail School of Earth Sciences.
Find a rewarding life-long career practising geology - in mineral exploration, the mining industry, government, and consulting agencies. Gain a strong foundation for further studies at the MSc and PhD levels to develop innovative contributions to geoscience.
This four-year B.Sc. in Earth Sciences is designed to meet the minimum knowledge (academic) requirements for registration as a Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) with Professional Geoscientists Ontario (PGO). Registration with PGO will significantly enhance career prospects of Earth Sciences students. Possible career avenues for our graduates include:
- Mineral exploration and economic geology
- Volcanic and natural disasters monitoring
- Geological mapping (3D computer modeling and Geographical Information Systems GIS)
- Governmental geoscience or consulting
- Aggregate geology - determining suitable materials that can be used for roads and buildings
- Academia and research - in the field of ore deposit geology, mineralogy, igneous or metamorphic petrology, structural geology, geophysics, geochemistry, oceanography, paleontology, sedimentology, hydrogeology, or planetary geology
- Laboratory technology
- Field Geology
- Optical Mineralogy
- Sedimentary, Igneous and Metamorphic Rocks
- Statistics for Scientists
- Sedimentology and Stratigraphy
- Applied Remote Sensing
- Seismic Methods
- Mineral Exploration Geophysics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geography Geology View 93 other Bachelors in Geography in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official high school transcripts. If documents are in your native language, please provide a notarized and officially translated copy in either English or French
- Official high school diploma. If documents are in your native language, please provide a notarized and officially translated copy in either English or French
- Proof of language skill: English for English language programs or
- French for French language programs
- Applicants must meet both language requirements for bilingual programs
- A resume or CV specifying current education and work experience
- A copy of a valid passport (both sides)
International25960 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25960 CAD per year during 48 months.
National6180 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6180 CAD per year during 48 months.
In-State6000 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6000 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Greater Sudbury
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.