The Political Science program of University of West Georgia has the same course requirements as the Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program within the Political Science major. In addition to these courses, the B.A. requires that students take two years of a foreign language (through the 2002 level) as part of their general education courses and that students select an appropriate minor.
- An understanding of American civic culture and civic cultures of other societies.
- An understanding of the institutional, political and legal processes of the United States and Georgia.
- An understanding of the public policies of the U.S. and the ways in which they are carried out through the political process.
- An understanding of the basic theories and concepts of the subfields of political science.
- An understanding of the relationship between the basic theories and concepts of the subfields of political science.
- The knowledge and skills appropriate for employment or professional training in relevant public service careers.
- The ability to apply social science and statistical methods to practical problems within the discipline.
- The ability to communicate their knowledge orally and in writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Political Science Inquiry
- American Political Institutions
- Gender and Politics
- Media and Politics
- Public Policy
- The Judicial Process
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 1267 other Bachelors in Political Science in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete online application. A one-time application fee of $40 is required.
- Official transcripts from all schools attended. Official transcripts are sent from a regionally or nationally accredited institution.
- SAT or ACT scores must be sent electronically through the College Board or ACT website(s)
- English Proficiency
International15424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7712 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7712 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4372 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2186 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Carrollton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.