Northumbria ranks 4th in the sector nationally and top in the North East for further study, sustained employment or both for Business and Admin Studies graduates 5 years after graduation. (Longitudinal Education Outcomes (LEO) 2017)
The Information Technology Management for Business (Hons) course from Northumbria University is a mix of four key themes:
- An understanding of how business organisations work and what drives them
- An understanding of how Information Technology and Information Systems work and how they can be applied to provide competitive advantage
- An understanding of how to manage the implementation of technology projects
- Development and practice of the interpersonal skills required for a successful career
94% of students were overall satisfied with this course (National Student Survey, 2018).
Offering an insight into the IT sector, this degree will give you an in-depth understanding of technology and the ways in which it can be used to transform organisations.
Industry engagement, opportunities to engage with business and a year-long industrial placement provide you with the industry know-how and direct experience that will prepare you for a successful management role in IT.
- This career-focused programme was designed in collaboration with The Tech Partnership, a network of over 100 technology-focused businesses who work alongside the education sector to develop students with an outstanding blend of technical and commercial skills. It is also accredited by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT.
- You will have many opportunities to connect with the sector through our network of active partner companies through a combination of live consultancy projects, case studies, networking events, workshops and competitions. You will also have the opportunity to gain direct business experience through a year-long industrial placement.
- This is supported by a programme of guest lectures, mock interviews and national ITMB events, and opportunities to network with employers (including alumni), which for many former students has led to offers of employment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Relational Databases
- Skills For Information Systems Professionals
- Software Development
- The Business Environment, Organisations and Management Information Systems
- Managing IT Projects for Business
- Web Technologies
- Academic Language Skills for Computer and Information Sciences
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Business Information Systems View 66 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
120 UCAS Tariff points
- From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas or the International Baccalaureate
- There are no specific subject requirements for this course
- Students will need Maths and English Language at minimum grade 4 or C, or the equivalent.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.