The Department of Theatre Arts embraces its identity as an educational department and a producing organization within a world renowned liberal arts college for women of diverse backgrounds. We empower students by giving them the education and practical skills necessary to enter the professional theatre world. The diverse skill set students acquire in our department --creative thinking, collaboration, discipline and leadership-- are attributes that enhance any career choice.
The Mount Holyoke College Department of Theatre Arts brings together artists, scholars and practitioners in a flexible curriculum designed to:
- provide a strong liberal arts foundation, preparing students for advanced study and professional work in theatre and performance
- train students to think critically and globally and to collaborate with others in a diverse environment
- foster creativity through intensive study and practice and instill leadership skills as students take on key roles in acting, directing, design, technical theatre and stage management
- cultivate and engage an audience as writers, performers, designers and directors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Introduction to Theatre
- Scene Design
- Costume Design
- Intro to Lighting and Sound Design
- Introduction to Technical Theatre
- Topics in Design: 'Costume Construction'
- Career Preparation Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 1234 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.