With a clear focus on Graphic Design we will provide you with the opportunity to generalise, or specialise, in all aspects of our subject to a level that suits your needs. You will be fully prepared for a career in one of the many creative industries that will value you and your skillset upon graduation.
You’ll be taught by an established teaching team with many years’ experience in all aspects of Graphic Design and education. You’ll have access to robust industry and alumni links, guest lectures, the opportunity to work on live briefs from leading consultancies, the brightest and best student competitions, plus national and international field trips. We will enable you to graduate as a confident Graphic Designer with a creative portfolio that showcases your creativity and skills, empowering you to make a real impact on your chosen career.
Northumbria University is ranked 10th in Design & Crafts in the UK (Guardian University League Tables 2020).
- This Graphic Design (Hons) course from Northumbria University is specifically designed to make you as employable as possible. We have strong links with industry not only in the UK but throughout Europe and internationally. Not only is there the opportunity for you to study abroad or undertake a summer placement, you also have the chance to go on field trips to London, Amsterdam and Barcelona to experience the culture of some of Europe’s top design studios.
- Working on live project briefs from global brands and organisations such as Abercrombie & Fitch and Changing Lives gives you excellent practical experience and a vital head start with your portfolio.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cultural History for Graphic Designers
- BOOTCAMP: Think like a Graphic Designer
- BOOTCAMP: Work like a Graphic Designer
- THE TOOLKIT: Being Prepared
- Academic Language Skills for Design
- Cultural Theory for Graphic Designers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Graphic Design View 305 other Bachelors in Graphic Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
120 UCAS Tariff points
- From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas or the International Baccalaureate.
- A Diploma in Foundation Studies Art and Design, or Art Design and Media is also accepted in combination with other qualifications
- There are no specific subject requirements for this course
- Students will need Maths and English Language at minimum grade 4 or C, or the equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16500 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.