The Bachelor in Film Studies from Mount Holyoke College introduces students to the academic study of film from a variety of critical and disciplinary perspectives. Courses combine cultural, historical, formal, and theoretical analyses of films from a range of world cinematic traditions. In addition, some possibilities for the study of film/video production are available to students at the College and at the other Five College institutions.
The major should include courses in:
- film history
- genre or authorship
- national or transnational cinema
- documentary or experimental film.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- Introduction to Film
- Film History
- Film Theory
- Production Seminar in the Moving Image: 'Introduction to Video Production'
- Film Theory: 'Cinema and the City'
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 682 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application
- Mount Holyoke Writing Supplement (optional)
- Secondary School Report, including official high school transcript
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluation Forms (from core academic courses)
- Midyear Report (due February 15, as applicable)*
- Standardized Test Scores (optional)
- Art Supplement (optional)
- English Proficiency Requirements for non-native English speakers
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
- Interview (optional, but strongly encouraged)
International54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National54400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 54400 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.