You’ll gain first-hand experience of financial markets by using our trading room and suite of Bloomberg terminals, examining real and current market developments to enhance your skills and understand the factors shaping the modern financial services world.
The Finance and Investment Management (Hons) course from Northumbria University by its very nature is internationalised; your awareness of the multi-cultural environment that modern finance operates is developed throughout the course.
A significant underpinning of the course content is the importance of you being prepared for employment. As such, you will undertake modules in Building Business Practice and Building Professional Practice, both are key to experiential learning, as well as the module Employability and Career Planning.
Between your second and final years you can choose to undertake a year-long work placement. By working for an organisation like the Royal Bank of Scotland or the Bank of England, you’ll deepen your understanding of topics like equity markets, wealth planning and risk management.
A career in finance can be fascinating, wide-ranging and very rewarding. Recent graduates are now working with Bloomberg, Deloitte, Brewin Dolphin and other leading companies in the finance and investment management sector.
The course is covered by the prestigious AACSB accreditation for Newcastle Business School, which was ‘Business School of the Year’ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2015. The relevance, rigour and internationalisation of the course has been tested through the EPAS accreditation process. In addition this programme is accredited by CISI (Chartered for Securities and Investment).
- Some of the modules are mapped with the academic standards of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), making it easier for you to take their exams after graduation.
- There are also modules that explicitly address the knowledge and skills you’ll need for personal and career development. You’ll explore your personality, values, abilities and interests as part of making a well-informed career choice and developing a career plan. In addition our Careers and Employment Service will offer a range of workshops, one-to-one advice, and networking opportunities.
- Every module will play a role in developing and reinforcing the transferable attributes that are necessary for graduate employment: effective time management, excellent communication, good teamwork and high level analysis.
- Financial Decision Making
- Principles and Theories of Finance
- Business Analysis for Decision Making
- Academic Language Skills for Newcastle Business School
- Managing People at Work
- Building Business Practice
- Global Business Environment
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Finance Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1265 other Bachelors in Business Administration in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
120 UCAS Tariff points
- From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas or the International Baccalaureate
- There are no specific subject requirements for this course
- Students will need Maths and English Language at minimum grade 4 or C, or the equivalent.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.