You will develop creative, intellectual and practical skills while exploring fashion, not only from an aesthetic and technical understanding of garment design and construction, but also through an understanding of products, lifestyle and culture that surrounds us.
You’ll gain an understanding of, trend analysis and prediction, craftsmanship, functionality and technological aspects of design work together to create fashion products. You will also gain an understanding of concepts and the creative market place, alongside lifestyle aspiration, the consumer and brand values.
This four-year sandwich Fashion Design and Marketing (Hons) at Northumbria University nurtures innovative designers by integrating design practice, knowledge and skills within a studio rich environment. Applying your creative skills through industry based live projects and work placements, you will gain the specialist professional, cultural, ethical and commercial skills to prepare you for a career in the diverse and vibrant fashion industry.
- Working on creative projects, some set by external collaborators, will enable you to build and curate a portfolio of your own work to act as a calling card in applications for work placements and employment.
- A one-year placement within the fashion industry will amplify your commercial awareness and clarify your career goals. You may also have the opportunity to join a field trip to Paris, London or New York to experience fashion in a different culture.
- Your final project allows you to demonstrate design and professional skills including project management, communication and promotion that will make you valuable to the fashion industry.
- You’ll have the opportunity to show your project at an industry-facing national showcase for graduate talent. This will help you establish contacts and employment opportunities by mixing directly with invited employers and alumni.
- Northumbria University’s Careers Service offers support to all students with regards to employment.
- Fashion Marketing and Contemporary Design Influences
- Fashion Illustration & Trend Research
- Fashion Practice and Promotion
- Professional Practice Preparation
- Fashion: Concept to Product
- Industrial Placement
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMarketing Fashion Design View 196 other Bachelors in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
120 UCAS Tariff points
- From a combination of acceptable Level 3 qualifications which may include: A-level, BTEC Diplomas/Extended Diplomas, Scottish and Irish Highers, Access to HE Diplomas or the International Baccalaureate.
- A Diploma in Foundation Studies Art and Design, or Art Design and Media is also accepted in combination with other qualifications
- There are no specific subject requirements for this course
- Students will need Maths and English Language at minimum grade 4 or C, or the equivalent.
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newcastle upon Tyne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.