During the course, students will be introduced to key principles in the fields of numeracy, materials, mechanics, construction technology, and health and safety. As the course progresses, learning will focus on the more specialised areas of surveying, geotechnics, and structural analysis.
To aid learning and help build essential hands-on skills, some modules of the course are supported by practical work and field exercises. This strong emphasis on practical learning has meant the course has been able to maintain a high graduate success rate and offer enhanced career development. This course will develop your vocational skills, including research, analysis, planning and organisation, to supplement your proficiency.
As a part-time student you are generally expected to already be employed within the construction industry.
The course's industry focus and practical emphasis is intended to develop your professionalism and maximise your employment opportunities.
Upon completion of this course, students can go onto our Developing the Skills and Preparing for ICE Technician Membership professional short course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Civil Engineering
- Civil Engineering Materials and Soil Mechanics
- Civil Engineering Construction Technology
- Civil Engineering Surveying
- Structural Analysis and Design
- Management of Civil Engineering Projects
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 365 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 16 points minimum from either 6-unit or 3-unit awards
- plus GCSE/O Level grade 4 (previously grade C) or above to include English and Maths
- or BTEC/Edexcel Advanced GNVQ
- or National Certificate Diploma in a Building/Construction related discipline
- or relevant Access course
- or other qualifications which are considered to be equivalent of the above.
- Applications from mature students and non-standard applicants may also be considered
- Approx. Cost £170
- Undergraduate 80 (min. 19 in each component)
- Approx. Cost £40-50
- Undergraduate 56 (51 in each component)
- Approx. Cost $145
- Undergraduate 6.0 (5.5 in each component)
- Approx. Cost $49/£40
- Undergraduate Overall 100
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
EU/EEA4250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4250 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.