Honors Program students and faculty at Chapman University are encouraged to connect and share emerging ideas, drawing on shared texts, lectures, seminar discussions and cultural experiences. The mission is to prepare students for personally fulfilling and socially responsible lives during their college years at Chapman and beyond.
Honors Learning Outcomes
Upon completing a course in the University Honors Program students will have:
- Obtained a starting point for integrative exploration of the development of cultures and intellectual achievements through a variety of disciplinary and interdisciplinary perspectives;
- Sharpened their ability to critically analyze and synthesize a broad range of knowledge through the study of primary texts and through engagement in active learning with fellow students, faculty and texts (broadly understood);
- Understood how to apply more integrative and interdisciplinary forms of understanding in the advancement of knowledge and in addressing complex challenges shaping the world;
- Developed effective communication skills, specifically in the areas of written and oral exposition and analysis.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- On Being Ethical in the World
- Darwin’s Evolutionary Theory: The Science and the Controversy
- Death, Self and Society
- Monsters and Monstrosities
- Art and Anthropology
- Twilight of the Gods
- Disney: Gender, Race and Religion
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 1882 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete and submit The Common App and Chapman University Questions.
- Submit a Teacher Evaluation through via the Common App
- Submit official transcripts
- Submit the School Report form
- Pay the application fee or submit a Fee Waiver Request
- All international applicants must submit an International Supplement Form. This form is available after submitting your application.
International56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
National56830 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28415 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Los Angeles
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.