You can expect innovative project-based learning that’s supported by industry-leading hardware and software. The focus is on sustainable development, future low-emission technologies and urban transportation – this is where you’ll really benefit from our central London location and links with local leading vehicle engineering companies.
The automotive sector is experiencing solid growth, particularly in the area of future low-carbon vehicle technologies. The UK is recognised as a world-leader in the research and design of automotive technology and demand for graduates is growing too.
On this Advanced Vehicle Engineering (Hons) course at London South Bank University we use industry-standard technology and instrumentation; this means you’ll be equipped with the industry specific skills that count.
Our central London location means we have developed local links with Automotive OEM’s, tier suppliers, local transport companies and future transport and low carbon technology centres for London.
Also, remember that many recruiters look favourably on BEng graduates because they demonstrate deep understanding of the science and maths underpinning engineering.
Recent graduates from the course are now working at companies such as Delta – Cosworth, and Transport for London, as Vehicle Engineers.
This course is accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced engineering mathematics and modelling
- Engineering Design
- Solid mechanics and FEA
- Dynamics and control
- Thermofluids and Sustainable Energy
- Machine drives and mechatronics
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAutomotive Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 83 other Bachelors in Automotive Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Level BBB or;
- BTEC National Diploma DDM or;
- Access to HE qualifications with 24 Distinctions 21 Merits including 3 distinctions in Maths and 3 merits in Physics or;
- Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 128 UCAS points
- Level 3 Physical Science (Physics preferred) and Maths
- Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
- We welcome qualifications from around the world. English language qualifications for international students: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15400 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
International undergraduate and postgraduate students scholarships:
- International Scholarships
- LSBU is offering scholarships and discounts to hundreds of students via our International Scholarships International Merit Scholarships
- We offer students pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate taught programmes with outstanding academic profiles a fee reduction of up to £4,000 on each full academic year's tuition fees.
- LSBU Loyalty Award
- We offer postgraduate Tuition Fee discounts for LSBU graduates progressing directly onto a postgraduate course and eligible alumni.
- ONCAMPUS London South Bank Merit Scholarship
- 25% fee reduction to ONCAMPUS London South Bank students progressing to university degree programmes.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.