The Bachelor Kinesiology - Exercise Science at Towson University increased participation in competitive sport, along with booming interest in the development of elite athletes, has promoted new realms of professional expertise based in exercise science. The exercise science program offers a comprehensive curriculum in the study of human movement to help prepare students for a broad range of careers in the health and wellness field; as well as graduate study in allied health and medical fields such as physical therapy, cardiac rehabilitation, physician assistant or medicine.
In this major, students develop theoretical knowledge in academic areas that include exercise physiology, biomechanics, exercise and sports psychology, motor control, and sports nutrition. Students expand upon this theoretical knowledge through practical experiences in exercise testing and prescription, strength and conditioning, advanced exercise physiology, independent study in applied research and clinical internships.
- Exercise science majors can choose from a range of career paths in a variety of settings:
- Non-clinical exercise science professionals who promote healthy lifestyles may choose to work in private fitness clubs, community organizations, and employee fitness and wellness programs.
- Strength and conditioning coaches are often hired by professional athletic teams, by intercollegiate athletic programs, or by private fitness facilities that offer general and sport-specific conditioning programs.
- Clinical exercise professionals often offer medically-supervised exercise programs for chronic diseases such as heart and lung diseases or cancer in all types of health care settings.
- Professionals focused on helping senior citizens may work in community exercise facilities or nursing homes in positions comparable to clinical exercise settings.
- When you complete the program, you are encouraged to seek professional certification through the American College of Sports Medicine or the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Foundations of Exercise Science
- Fundamentals in Health and Physical Fitness Assessment
- Exercise Testing and Prescription
- Internship in Exercise Science
- Research Methods in Exercise Science
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 1112 other Bachelors in Sports Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit your bachelor's degree application and $45 fee online.
- Submit your secondary and post-secondary academic record(s).
- Submit test results of English proficiency.
International25516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25516 USD per year during 48 months.
National25516 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25516 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10464 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10464 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Towson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.