The Popular Music Performance and Production (Hons) course from Solent University features extensive study of the music industry including copyright, contract law and career pathways. Students are also expected to develop transferable skills in research, IT, presentation, teamwork, creative thinking, communication and project management.
Who is this course for?
- Solent’s popular music performance and production course is suitable for both schooled and self-taught musicians. Applicants should be interested by both performance and technical production, as well as music history and academic theory.
- Applicants should aspire to careers as session musicians, producers, artists, songwriters, music journalists or promoters.
- Performance Techniques
- Advanced Studio Recording
- Creative Music Industries
- Creative Performance
- Creative Music Production
- Theory and Listening Skills
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music Performance View 437 other Bachelors in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 96 - 112 UCAS tariff points from A-levels or equivalent.
- As a general guide, we look for qualifications that are equivalent to the British high school A-levels.
- All applicants are expected to be able to sing or play drums, bass, guitar or keyboards to the standard required for public performance.
- All international applicants need to be aware that the English language requirements to attend Solent University, and the English language requirements to obtain a visa from the Home Office, may be different.
International14250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14250 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.