- The Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Geography at the Marshall University has a core of 24 credit hours ending with a capstone course sequence. The B.S. in Geography requires a minimum total of 45 credit hours of Geography coursework.
- Students will have a chance to benefit from our expertise in ecology, weather analysis, meteorology, climatology, hurricanes and other types of severe weather, plus GIS spatial analysis and technologies.
- Beyond the Geography Core Requirements, students choose a minimum of 15 credits from Physical Geography or GIScience. Remaining electives to reach 45 total credits in GEO may be chosen from any GEO courses.
- To compensate for the increased number of hours for the B.S. in Geography (including the Meteorology, Weather Broadcasting, and GIScience areas of emphasis), students are exempted from the College of Liberal Arts foreign language requirement.
- Historical Geography
- Political Geography
- Population Geography
- Urban Geography
- Medical Geography
- Principles and Methods of Planning
- Urban Land Use Planning
- Environmental Issues in Planning
- Geography of Gender
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students: applications must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the start of a term.
DisciplinesGeography Climate Studies & Meteorology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 138 other Bachelors in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- Completed application for admission.
- A non-refundable application fee of $40.
- An official, final transcript, including graduation date, sent directly from the student’s high school to the Marshall University Admissions Office.
- Official college transcript
- American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores
- A valid immunization record
- Equivalent of U.S. high school diploma
- International GPA requirements are equivalent to domestic GPA requirements and vary by program
- ACT/SAT required for some programs and merit-based scholarships
- Proof of English Proficiency
International19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9803 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8552 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4276 USD per semester during 48 months.
Metro Residents - $7,318
Living costs for Huntington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.