The study of Modern Languages & Literatures - Spanish at Fairfield University, as well as cultures and literatures in their original languages, is an intellectual experience that offers students another point of view on life. Knowledge of a language other than english frees students from the restraints of seeing but one reality, and the new perspectives gained from understanding the expression of other people are the essence of liberal education.
The Department of Modern Languages and Literatures stress proficiency in all language skills to prepare students for careers in business, communication, education, government, health sciences, social work, and related professions.
In addition to its own programs, the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures participates in the International Studies program and the minor programs in Asian Studies, Italian Studies, Judaic Studies, Latin American and Caribbean Studies, Russian, East European, Central Asian Studies, and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies.
Select language courses may count toward those programs. A limited number of courses taught in English may count towards majors and minors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elementary Spanish
- Intermediate Spanish
- Topics in Language & Culture
- Advanced Spanish Heritage Speakers
- Spanish and English in Contrast
- Career Spanish for Business
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 2814 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Common Application
- Official secondary school transcript
- Secondary school report form completed by your college counselor
- Personal statement (Common Application Essay)
- $60 application fee or official fee waiver
- SAT or ACT results (If you choose to submit them). Please note that if you choose not to submit test scores, an admission interview is recommended. Refer to our Standardized Test Optional Policy for more details.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is highly recommended if you have resided in the U.S. for fewer than three years and English is not your native language
- Interview (optional)
International50550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50550 USD per year during 48 months.
National50550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50550 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.