BA Media Production (Hons) at Liverpool John Moores University course will build your experience of media production tools and techniques, professional practice, creativity, narrative skills, digital media technology and contemporary media theory. As well as making media products you will study academic modules and graduate with a range of transferrable skills valued in many career paths.
The course runs a dedicated blog which highlights student work, study visits and alumni success.
You will be part of the Liverpool Screen School, based in the Redmonds Building, working with industry standard equipment, including a state of the art HD Broadcast-ready TV Studio.
You will be encouraged to take advantage of the wealth of work experience available via the School’s Production Unit. This unique aspect of the course offers you the opportunity to undertake paid and unpaid work for professional clients, helping you build up a genuine CV of media work experience to present to potential employers.
- Production Practice
- Digital Media Tools
- Digital Production Practice
- Understanding Narrative
- Themes of Contemporary Media
- Digital Media Cultures
- Digital Media Ethics, Compliance and Copyright
- Compositing and Post Production
- Multiplatform Production
- Applying for Placements and Jobs
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication View 627 other Bachelors in Media Studies & Mass Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum points required from qualifications 104
- The essential skills that should be included on your application form are:
- Applicants should display an enthusiasm and aptitude for studying this area
- Applicants should show evidence of extracurricular activities in this field of study
- Applicants must be team players and your application must reflect this
- Applicants should demonstrate their qualities as creative practitioners
- Assessment of suitability to the course will include reviewing a piece of media you have created yourself or contributed to and your answers to a set of questions. You will be asked to submit these after you apply.
International16100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16100 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- Placement (home student): £1,850
- Placement (international student): £3,650
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.