The Midwifery programme of Auckland University of Technology prepares students for a successful and rewarding career as a midwife, either as a hospital midwife or a lead maternity carer (a self-employed case loading midwife). Study midwifery at AUT's South Campus in Manukau or via distance learning in Northland and Taranaki (through a live online platform and local classes).
Practical experience is a key part of the midwifery programme. You spend more than half of your time in clinical practice, developing the skills to become a confident and competent midwife. Throughout your studies you complete 2,400 practice hours, an experience that reflects the real world of midwifery.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Health and Environment
- Lifespan Development and Communication
- Knowledge Enquiry and Communication
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Professional Frameworks for Midwifery Practice
- Developing Midwifery Practice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- First semester: 7 December
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 18 credits at level 3 in either Biology or Chemistry, and 16 credits in one subject from Classical Studies, Drama, English, Geography, Health Education, History, Art History, Media Studies, Social Studies, Te Reo Māori, Te Reo Rangatira, Business Studies, Economics, Physical Education
- Must be capable of meeting Health Practitioners Competence Assurance Act (HPCA Act) requirements and Vulnerable Children’s Act (VCA Act) including police clearance
- Must hold a valid driver’s license
- IELTS (Academic) 7.0 overall with 6.5 or higher in Reading and Writing, and 7.0 in Listening and Speaking
International26384 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26384 USD per year during 48 months.
National4684 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4684 USD per year during 48 months.
- Domestic: 6,712 - 6,894 NZD per year
- International: 38,210 NZD per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.