Objectives of the Mechanical Engineering programme at the Makerere University
The focus of the Mechanical Engineering Education programme at College of Engineering, Design, Art and Technology (CEDAT) is to:
- Provide students with the fundamental technical knowledge and skills in mathematics, science, and engineering design technology in order to recognize, analyze and solve problems for current day problems.
- To provide students with the skills required to work effectively as individuals and in teams, as leaders and followers and to make profitable decisions for the organisations and communities that they are or will be a part of.
- To provide students with an opportunity and environment necessary to participate in hands-on engineering that leads to an appreciation of the business and entrepreneurial aspects of mechanical engineering.
- To prepare graduates for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to their ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and in team environments.
- Prepare graduates who are capable of entering and succeeding in an advanced degree program in a field such as engineering, science, or business.
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Drawing
- Engineering Mechanics
- Electrical Engineering for Mechanical Engineers
- Information Communication Technology
- Fluid Mechanics for Mechanical Engineers
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Mechanical Engineering Mathematics View 3 other Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in Uganda
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Makerere University and/or in Uganda, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission into the first year is through any of the three avenues, the Direct Entry scheme, the Mature Age Scheme, the Diploma Holders Scheme.
- For Direct entry scheme, an applicant must obtain two advanced level passes, in Mathematics and Physics, at the same sitting of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education or its Equivalent. For Purposes of computing entry points, the advanced level subjects shall carry the following weights:
- Weight 3 – Physics, Mathematics, as Essential subjects
- Weight 2– Chemistry, Applied Mathematics or pure Mathematics, Economics, Technical Drawing- as Relevant subjects
- Weight 1 – General Paper- as Desirable subject
- Weight 0.5 – Any other subject as Others subjects
International1412 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 706 USD per semester during 48 months.
National914 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 457 USD per semester during 48 months.
- National: 1,756,611 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
- International: 2,714,762 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.