Educational Objectives of the Telecommunication Engineering programme at the Makerere University:
The educational objectives of this programme are to:
- Produce graduates who are able to practice Telecommunication engineering to serve Uganda and the regional industries, government agencies, or national and international industries.
- Produce graduates with the necessary background and technical skills to work professionally in one or more of the following areas: telecommunication hardware and software design, computer network design, telecommunication system design and integration in wire line, mobile and satellite systems.
- Prepare graduates for personal and professional success with awareness and commitment to their ethical and social responsibilities, both as individuals and in team environments.
- Prepare graduates who are capable of entering and succeeding in an advanced degree program in a field such as engineering, science, or business.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Mathematics
- Circuit Theory
- Physical Electronics
- Information & Communication Technology
- Introduction To Electrical Engineering
- Introduction To Digital Electronics
- Electrical Materials
- Electronic Circuits
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Admission to First YearAdmission into the first year is through any of the three avenues, the Direct Entry Scheme, the Mature Age Scheme and the Diploma Holders Scheme.
The Direct Entry Scheme
An applicant must have obtained two advanced level passes, one in Mathematics and one in Physics, at the same sitting of the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education or its equivalent.
International1272 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 636 USD per semester during 48 months.
National822 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 411 USD per semester during 48 months.
- National: 1,527,488 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
- International: 2,360,663 UGX (Uganda Shilling) per semester
Living costs for Kampala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.